Thursday, March 31, 2011

Last day of March and Attack of the Easter Bunnies.


My new obsession: Felt softies.

Beware of the Easter bunnies!
Here they come! If you leave some carrots and celery unattended, the Easter bunnies will sneack  on you.

Find your veggies.

Do some taste tests.
And run away with your lunch!

Didn't even leave a chocolate egg for me! Bad bunnies!

The weather keeps changing everyday. Cold, raining, snowing, warm, and so on. However under my fleece cover my Brassica plants (cabbage or mustard family), I just learned this word :), seem to do pretty good.



Slugs found it out too, unfortunately, and have been feasting on my Brussels sprouts and Chinese cabbages. I heard that grounded eggshells around the plants help to keep slugs and snails away. I will try that.
In my second garden bed, after throughout digging for rocks, adding mix of manure, peat moss, compost, and vermiculite, I planted 3 rows of pea seeds - shelling, Snow and sugar snap. I still have to put up some kind of a trellis for them. I plan to add some more once I see the sprouts and plant some beans in the same bed.
My black currant looks nice and green.


I'm thinking about ordering some more red currant bushes and gooseberries. May be even planting those in my front yard, they look very pretty in all seasons and unlike black currant they don't have a strong smell.

4 comments:

Ria's Random Thoughts said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. Your veggies are doing much better than mine. I have some carrots, peas, and green onions under a plastic row cover. They are tiny.

Natasha said...

I didn't know you were a fellow gardener! I am so glad you like to grow vegetables too!Thanks Ria!

Anonymous said...

whats up with those bricks in the middle?

Natasha said...

oh, the bricks were for keeping the cover up. I need to move it, plants are taller now anyways.